||With a background in piano and music theory, I can provide the following services:
Performing background music for events
- Guy has been providing piano instruction for 13 years by traveling to the homes of students for 30-minute lessons. These have entailed learning how to read music, developing the skill of picking up musical passages by ear and becoming familiar with music theory and how it can be applied in various situations.
- Guy covers San Jose, Campbell, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, and Milpitas.
- The rates are $30 per 30 minute lesson.
- Prior to starting lessons, Guy meets with the prospective student and a parent, or parents, for an informational meeting to ensure that everyone is comfortable with going forward with lessons. While the vast majority of Guy's students are children, he works with adults as well.
Collaborating with Songwriters
- Guy provides elegant, relaxing arrangements of popular classics from the 1930's to the present to add atmosphere to special events.
- For the past 16 years, Guy has played for events like wedding ceremonies, industry association banquets, Mother's Day brunches, celebration of life gatherings and functions honoring leaders in various fields, to name a few. Notable clients have included the Sunol Valley Golf Club, the Silver Creek Valley Country Club, the Santa Clara Historical Home Tour and the San Jose/Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Rates are $150 per hour with a one-time fee of $25 for transportation of equipment, and a one-time fee of $5 if the travel distance is over 50 miles one-way.
- Guy has been writing both lyrics and melodies for songs in recent years; however, he is interested in working with lyricists who are in need of melodies and chord progressions.
- With some past training in the area of vocals, Guy can also provide suggestions for lyrical changes that may be necessary.
- Guy primarily writes material most closely aligned with the Adult Contemporary, Pop and Country genres; however, he has also spent some time learning the elements associated with the R&B and Jazz genres.
- Rates are not applicable to this situation. Matters pertaining to credits and rights would be discussed with the prospective writing partner prior to collaborating.